Come be swept away with medieval magic by volunteering at the 32nd Annual Hoggetowne Medieval Faire on January 27-28 and February 2-4, 2018. The City of Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department is now recruiting volunteers for the Faire. For two consecutive weekends, tucked away in the enchanted forest of the Alachua County Fairgrounds a medieval marketplace comes to life as troupes of actors, street performers and musician’s journey back to the days of yore. The success of the Faire depends heavily on the commitment of dedicated volunteers, and we need your help to make the Hoggetowne Medieval Faire as spectacular as ever!
What Is The Hoggetowne Medieval Faire?
The Faire showcases more than 160 talented artisans and craftspeople from all over the countryside that arrive at Hoggetowne to display and sell a variety of goods, trinkets and wares. Visitors to the Hoggetowne Marketplace will find one-of-a-kind blacksmithing, pewter jewelry, stone carvings, wood-working, weaving, hand-blown glassware, leather crafts and much more.
- The excitement is electrifying whether you’re cheering on armored knights as they joust on the Tournament Field, enjoying a show at one of the nine stages of continuous entertainment, witnessing the forgotten skills of full flight falconry, watching the gripping aerial acrobatics or being astonished by mystifying magic.
- Just when you think you are having fun, there’s more – human-powered push rides and camel and pony rides, will add to the excitement of Hoggetowne! Play games of skill that challenge those of any age; shoot arrows, throw battle-axes, and find your way through the human maze.
- Beyond the marketplace is a delicious food court where crowds indulge in sweet potato fries, blooming onions or our famous giant turkey legs, as well as a variety of pastries and desserts.
- Fun for the entire family, young and young-at-heart alike. Children are made knights and ladies of Hoggetowne at the Royal Pavilion, where the King and Queen of Hoggetowne greet their loyal subjects.
What Will I Do As A Faire Volunteer?
This is a wonderful opportunity to give back to the community and enjoy being part of North Central Florida’s most beloved cultural event. Each year, hundreds of volunteers like you help to put on what has become one of Florida’s most highly anticipated events.
But the Faire doesn’t happen without the staff made up of city employees, interns and volunteers. If you would like to show your support for the Gainesville community while taking part in an award-winning festival, join our team! Your time and energy as a volunteer will help to make the 32nd Annual Hoggetowne Medieval Faire a successful event. Volunteers who work one day will receive a commemorative discounted T-shirt coupon and one complimentary pass to come back and enjoy the festivities another day. Individuals who volunteer for two days will receive one free T-shirt coupon and one complimentary pass. Those who volunteer for three or more days will receive one free T-shirt coupon and two complimentary passes.
- Distribute programs, stamp hands or take tickets at the entrance gates, greeting thousands of guests as they come to enjoy the magic of Hoggetowne.
- Lend a hand at the Children’s Art and Essay Pavilion, where Hoggetowne showcases the talent and skill of more than 200 pieces of art work from area students.
- Individually greet artists and relieve them for breaks by booth sitting.
(Requires the free Adobe Acrobat)
To be a part of the Hoggetowne Medieval Faire, please return the volunteer signup form by Monday, January 1.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to 352-334-2249
Call the City of Gainesville at 352-393-8536
Mail forms to:
Hoggetowne Medieval Faire
City of Gainesville Cultural Affairs
Sta. 30, P.O. Box 490
Gainesville , FL 32627
Thank you for your interest in volunteering and for being a part of North Central Florida’s most highly anticipated event. Come join us for an exciting two weekends as we journey back in time and delight thousands of visitors at the 31st Annual Hoggetowne Medieval Faire. For more information about this fun filled opportunity, contact the City of Gainesville at 352-393-8536 or email us at email@example.com